Everyone wants to have a confident smile, and cosmetic dentistry is a way to transform average teeth into a celebrity-worthy smile. Whether you have a few small imperfections you’d like to correct, or you are ready to invest in a full smile makeover, it’s time to schedule a consultation with an experienced dentist to learn about your options.
The truth is that a confident smile might be easier and more affordable than you think. Depending on the specific treatments that are needed, it’s possible to upgrade your smile in just one or two appointments. Your cosmetic dentist can offer a personalized treatment plan, helping you create the smile you’ve always wanted.
Cosmetic Dentistry vs. General Dentistry
When most people think about dental services, they focus on checkups, fillings, and other general dentistry care. These services are important for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. The top priority is to maintain the function of the teeth right now and preserve the longevity of your smile at the same time.
When general dentistry work is being done, the dentist will also focus on things that are necessary for maintaining the beauty of your smile at the same time. For example, if a filling is necessary, then tooth-colored resin is used to restore the overall appearance of the tooth and help you maintain a natural-looking smile.
On the other hand, cosmetic dentistry is all about aesthetics. Of course, function always needs to be considered when any dental work is being done. But, the overall appearance of the smile is the top priority for cosmetic dentistry. These services are optional since they aren’t necessary for dental health or function. But they can make a big difference in a person’s life because of the improved self-esteem and other ways a confident smile can contribute to all areas of life.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Services Do You Need?
One of the benefits of talking to a cosmetic dentist is to learn more about the specific services that are an ideal fit for your unique needs. Every patient is unique, which is why there isn’t one treatment plan that works well for everyone. Instead, the dentist needs to evaluate the positioning, color, and alignment of your teeth, then determine the ideal services that will help you achieve the best, most beautiful, confident smile.
Here is a quick overview of some of the cosmetic dentistry services you might consider:
- Veneers: One of the fastest and most effective solutions for correcting minor to moderate tooth aesthetic concerns is to invest in dental veneers. This cosmetic treatment is an effective solution for common issues such as misshapen teeth, small gaps or cracks, discoloration and more. Dental veneers involve the placement of a thin cover over the visible portion of the tooth, with customizable veneers to match your teeth perfectly.
- Teeth Whitening: If you are satisfied with the overall positioning and size of your teeth, then gaining a confident smile might be as simple as whitening your teeth to brighten your smile. Teeth whitening is more effective when you choose in-office services vs a DIY kit at home. We can brighten the color of your teeth in just one appointment, with the option to come back for repeat teeth whitening appointments in the future if you want an even brighter color.
- Dental Bonding: The composite materials used for fillings can also be useful in many other situations where you need to strengthen a tooth or improve the overall shape or appearance of the tooth. With dental bonding, the dentist can place materials strategically on the tooth/teeth being treated, then use a special light to secure the composite materials in place. Not only is bonding helpful for treating teeth with decay removal, but it can also be helpful for filling in gaps or cracks and optimizing the overall look and feel of your smile.
- Dental Crowns: When a tooth is severely damaged, rest assured knowing that treatment options are available to protect the remaining portion of the tooth. Dental crowns are a long-lasting solution that not only improves the function of the tooth, but they also create a natural-looking appearance. The crown is custom-made and fits over the top of the tooth, covering the remaining section. The good news is that a strong dental crown is built to last and can maintain durability for many years.
- Dental Restorations: Our dental team works hard to preserve your natural teeth whenever possible. But there are situations when tooth extraction is necessary. If we must pull a tooth, then we will also talk to you about possible options for dental restoration. There are different types of treatments that restore the function of your missing teeth and improve the appearance of your confident smile at the same time. Examples of common dental restorations include dental crowns, full dentures, partial dentures, bridges, and more.
As you can see, the possibilities are limitless to create a smile that you love. Depending on your needs and goals, there are always cosmetic dentistry services that can improve the appearance of your teeth.
Confident Smile: The Many Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
There’s no question that cosmetic dental services can have a positive impact on all areas of your life. When you’re happy about your smile, then it will impact the way you talk and interact with other people. Patients find that cosmetic dentistry helps them feel more confident at work and in relationships.
Additionally, these cosmetic dentistry treatments can also have an impact to reduce social anxiety. It’s hard to feel comfortable and confident in social settings if you are worried about your looks. Cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile that you are proud to share with everyone, helping you avoid the anxiety of seeing people face-to-face.
For more information about cosmetic dentistry, reach out to us to schedule a consultation. We’ll help you choose the ideal treatments that will help you achieve the confident smile that you deserve. You’re invited to contact Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas at your convenience.