When you look in the mirror, do you feel confident about the smile you see reflecting back at you? If you want to boost your appearance, then you need a smile to match. With a smile makeover, you can design the ideal smile to fit your facial features.
Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to improve the size, shape, and positioning of your teeth. Every patient is unique, which is why there isn’t a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. Our skilled dental team assesses your individual needs and offers customized recommendations for each person.
You will love the way you feel when we finish with your smile makeover! Here are a few things you need to know if you are preparing to invest in your smile:
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is exactly as it sounds: cosmetic dental procedures to change the appearance of your smile. These services are aesthetic. But there are times when necessary dental treatments also coincide with optional cosmetic treatments.
The benefit of a smile makeover is that you can fix minor or significant dental imperfections. Patients seek smile makeover services when they are unsatisfied with the appearance of their smiles. A smile makeover can correct these types of dental problems:
- Missing teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- A lackluster smile
If you aren’t satisfied with your smile, you are a great candidate for a smile makeover. Simply reach out to our team at Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas to discuss potential treatments that fit your needs.
Aspects that Contribute to a Beautiful Smile
Cosmetic dentistry is a mix of medical services and art. Your ideal smile is different from anyone else you meet because of your face’s unique shape and structure. When we are designing the perfect treatment plan for your smile makeover, we consider these aspects in creating a beautiful smile:
- Alignment and Spacing: The teeth have a natural layout and create straight, balanced lines. Cosmetic dentistry addresses common alignment issues, such as teeth that are positioned awkwardly or crooked. These treatments also fill in the gaps between teeth.
- Color: One of the easiest ways to upgrade your smile is by brightening the color of your teeth. If you have discoloration or staining, then it affects the brightness of your smile.
- Chipped Teeth: Seemingly small areas of damage to the teeth cause imperfections that distract from the overall appearance of your smile. Plus, these chips can lead to more damage if tooth decay forms in that spot. We can fill in the chips to protect the integrity of your teeth and improve your smile at the same time.
- Missing Teeth: Not only does a missing tooth leave a hole in your smile, but this gap can cause a domino effect with spacing and alignment. It is common for nearby teeth to shift after a tooth extraction. These issues are easy to avoid using a dental restoration to replace the missing tooth.
- Proportion and Length: It’s important to consider the size of your teeth and the proportions of your mouth. If one or more teeth are smaller than the rest, it causes the smile to look lopsided. Cosmetic dentistry can correct issues by fixing teeth that are abnormally short or too long.
Each of these details is important on its own. When you combine all of these elements, it affects the aesthetics of your smile.
Treatment Options for Your Smile Makeover
There’s no reason to live with a subpar smile. The good news is that advances in the dental industry make it easier than ever to change the appearance of your teeth. Our professional team at Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas offers full-service solutions to help you create a smile that you love.
Available cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening: This minimally invasive treatment can brighten your teeth and remove stains. Our goal is to achieve a natural color that looks good with your skin tones.
- Porcelain Veneers: If you want a fast transformation, then veneers are an option to consider. With this treatment, we secure thin porcelain layers over the visible surfaces of your teeth.
- Bonding: Using a tooth-colored resin, we fill in chips and gaps that affect the tooth’s appearance and integrity. Not only does bonding make your tooth look whole again, but it is also a treatment to save a damaged tooth.
- Invisalign: Invisalign corrects misalignment and gaps using clear aligners that gently move your teeth into a different position. Invisalign is a good solution for minor to moderate alignment problems. Severe misalignment often requires braces and in-depth orthodontics.
- Dental Implants: When one or more teeth are missing, implants are a great way to replace the missing teeth. This process involves a titanium post placed into the jaw, with a personalized crown on top.
- Dental Crowns: A crown covers the structure of your tooth, helping with both aesthetic and structural benefits. We carefully design each crown to create the ideal size, shape, and color that matches your smile.
What is Your Smile Saying About You?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice when they meet you. The appearance of your teeth and lips says a lot about who you are and what you are feeling. Your comfort and confidence depend a lot on your smile.
Investing in your smile has an undeniable impact on all other areas of your life. When you are confident about your appearance, then you show up differently in your career and relationships. The underlying confidence changes the way you act around other people. Instead of feeling shy and embarrassed about your smile, you are happy to smile and talk to each person that you meet.
If you are ready to create a smile that you love, then we invite you to schedule a consultation with our team. We offer everything from minor treatments to full smile makeovers. For more information, contact Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas today.