What do you notice when you look at your smile in the mirror? If you are embarrassed about the shade of your teeth, then it might be time to talk to a dentist about professional teeth whitening services.
Why Invest in Teeth Whitening?
One of the first things people see when they meet you is the appearance of your smile. A bright, attractive smile is welcoming and confident. On the other hand, discolored, damaged teeth cause people to make assumptions about your health.
Not only do discolored teeth cause other people to make assumptions. But you are probably feeling embarrassed or self-conscious about your appearance. If you don’t like your smile, then it affects the way you are interacting with other people. Small changes in the way you are moving your mouth to hide your teeth has a domino effect on how you talk to others.
If tooth discoloration is affecting self-confidence, then it means that your confidence issues are having an impact on your life. Confidence affects career opportunities, relationships, and much more.
The good news is that these issues are easy to overcome with teeth whitening. One professional treatment has a noticeable impact to brighten your smile. The result: you feel confident sharing your smile with everyone you meet. As you can see, teeth whitening is a great investment.
Pros & Cons: DIY vs. Professional Teeth Whitening
Search online or walk through the dental aisle at a local store and you will find countless DIY whitening products. The packaging claims to offer excellent results. The prices are cheap. So, it seems like a great solution to brighten your smile!
But there are notable drawbacks to DIY teeth whitening products. Here are a few pros and cons you need to consider:
- Pro: Easy access because anyone can buy these products at the grocery store.
- Con: Ineffective results from one treatment.
- Pro: Simple applications, such as toothpaste or strips to place on your teeth.
- Con: Potential health dangers if used incorrectly.
- Pro: Whiten your teeth at your convenience.
- Con: Temporary solutions.
As you learn more about the differences between DIY teeth whitening and professional treatments, you’ll want to invest in the best. Professional teeth whitening offers safe, effective, instant results that you will love. You can eliminate stains and discoloration in one appointment.
Plus, the results of professional teeth whitening services are long-lasting. There is no need to apply whitening strips several times a week. Simple schedule one appointment at our dental office, and that’s it!
Biolase LASER: Modern Teeth Whitening
At Cosmetic and Family Dentistry of Las Colinas, we offer the best equipment and services for our patients. Our office is proud to own one of the best whitening systems in the dental industry: a Biolase LASER.
Using this system, we can transform your smile in just 20 minutes. When you walk out of the office, you will have bright white teeth that you are proud to share with everyone you meet. The fast results are notable because most professional teeth whitening systems take at least an hour for the treatment.
The Biolase LASER differs from common treatments (such as Zoom whitening) because it uses laser technology instead of plasma or LED lights. Older technology involves a gel placed on the teeth, combined with the light. Many patients experience tooth sensitivity because the gel is used for an hour. In comparison, the Biolase LASER quickly whitens the teeth to minimize sensitivity.
Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening
Why choose Biolase LASER instead of DIY or other in-office teeth whitening systems? Here are a few reasons why this laser technology stands out in the industry:
- No Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity is common with many types of whitening treatments. This laser doesn’t cause tooth sensitivity, so you can enjoy your favorite foods without cringing when the cold temperatures touch your teeth.
- Pain Free: You can brighten your smile without any pain. This treatment is highly effective and has minimal side effects.
- Fast Results: It only takes 20 minutes! Then you go home with a stunning, bright smile.
- Modern Technology: We stay current with the technology changes in the dental industry. By investing in the right tools, we offer our patients safe, effective solutions for general and cosmetic dentistry.
- Boost Your Confidence: Can you put a price tag on the confidence boost you will experience after teeth whitening? It feels good to have a smile that you love.
- Eliminate Ongoing Treatments: DIY teeth whitening products don’t have the powerful results you can get from professional whitening services. If you choose a DIY kit, then you will need to apply these weak products over and over again to gradually whiten your smile.
Other Tips for Maintaining a Bright Smile
Regardless of the tooth whitening treatment you choose, it’s important that you are proactive about preventing dental stains in the future. Your whitening treatment will last longer if you follow these important tips:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, for at least 2 minutes during each session
- Use quality toothpaste, as recommended by your dentist
- Floss daily to clean between the teeth
- Avoid foods that cause dental stains, such as red wine, coffee, tea, and ketchup
- Don’t use any form of tobacco, including cigarettes, cigars, or chewing tobacco
- Visit the dentist for regular checkups and cleanings
Results You Can Achieve with Professional Teeth Whitening
The benefit of our Biolase LASER is that it’s possible to brighten your teeth between 6 and 12 shades in a single visit. This investment offers great results for our patients. You can have the confidence in knowing that we are protecting your teeth and optimizing your smile at the same time.
It’s easy to see why the Biolase LASER is one of the most popular treatments in our office. If you’d like to learn more, then you are welcome to contact our team. We are happy to answer your questions and schedule a consultation to discuss your cosmetic dentistry goals. Call Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas for more information about teeth whitening and other professional services.