If you’ve always struggled with slightly discolored or yellow teeth, it may be time to consider teeth whitening. Over the years teeth whitening techniques have advanced in a major way, making it far easier (and more affordable) for people of all different ages to achieve the brilliant white smile they’ve always wanted. Unfortunately, there are lots of harmful and ineffective teeth whitening products on the market today, making it difficult for consumers to tell the difference between which are legit – and which are just a scam. The teeth whitening industry is worth a reported $15 billion, which is why we are seeing so many different products pop up day in and day out.
If you are thinking about whitening your teeth, it is imperative you understand your options and what to expect. As with any new procedure or product, it pays to do your research and make sure you are going with the right method for your particular needs. It is unnervingly easy to damage your teeth and make unhealthy choices that have a lasting, permanent effect. Here at Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas, we believe in educating each and every one of our patients and doing everything we can to ensure they are on the right path to excellent oral health. We offer Biolase LASER true laser teeth whitening services, which is one of the most well-reputed whitening systems in the industry. This type of whitening systems takes just 20 minutes to work and can brighten your smile anywhere from 6 to 12 shades in just one visit. For more information on our true laser teeth whitening services, visit our website or give us a call today.
Before you forget ahead and decide to go all in and have your teeth professionally whitened, it is imperative you take a few key things into consideration:
- Teeth whitening products come in different strengths
○ In many cases, the longer you leave the product on, the whiter/lighter your teeth will become
- Teeth whitening products are made from different chemicals and components, including hydrogen peroxide
○ It is important you discuss any teeth whitening concerns with your local dentist to ensure you are choosing the method safest for you
- Some people are more sensitive to teeth whitening techniques/products than others
○ We are all very different people – which means that what works for one person may not be best for another, even when it comes to teeth whitening. If you notice any sensitivity, pain, or long-lasting gum irritation after teeth whitening, please contact our Las Colinas dental clinic right away
- You should’ve have to worry about destroying your tooth enamel
○ Many people are fearful of doing serious damage or destroying their tooth enamel when using whitening products, however, as long as you seek professional teeth whitening services and follow all instructions, you should be fine
- Teeth whitening isn’t for everybody
○ Finally, teeth whitening isn’t appropriate for everyone. While the majority of teeth whitening systems are considered save, they may not the best option for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, adolescent who still have their baby teeth, and people with tooth sensitivity or gum disease
To learn more about our teeth whitening services, please do not hesitate to contact Cosmetic & Family Dentistry of Las Colinas today.